Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Glass Shoe

by Atikah Muhsin on Monday, 06 September 2010 at 10:54
 

Could it be?
That when I happen to enjoy a cup o' hot chocolate
My toe fiddling on the sense of new mattress
The flame, furious and caring
The itchy blanket, wrapping me in security
From that mean cold air;
That you would knock
Upon my humble cottage door?
Do I deserve such perfection?

Could it also be?
That when those two rascals would betray me
Arguing, terrifying
Shoving me into that Imbecile seat hard;
You would appear beside me like a ghost
Snap your fingers in front of my nose
And it all glitters to a colourful puppet show?

Or could it be?
That when I'm stuck here in this shrinking box,
Claustrophobic and raptured
My heart gasps
For that field where green grass grows
On a hill where I would give my knees an embrace;
You would somehow
Climb over my window pane
Take my hand and 'hopscotch' me there?

Could it be, too?
That when I'm trampled to death by a cow;
You would come
You would shoo it away
You would have your loving arms around me
Telling me everything is okay
And that I look far from ugly?

Sigh,
I don't know who you are
I don't know where you at
But Love,
Should you believe in Him
He'll do you wonders
Should we believe in destiny
It'll grant us
Us.

----

Siti, you never fail at making me feel envious of you.
Azhaari, you inspire me as a writer.
Fatin, I miss you so much..

----

*
I know my own piece betrays my age. hahah and I know, too, that it's typical and my vocabs just bore you. Guess I'm around those who write that i felt like grabbing my shaker and kill the papers. Excuse me for I'm far from good. But I enjoy writing so what the hell. hee. Please be proud of me. hahah c(:

P/S: You will have to watch Corpse Bride to know what hopscotch means.

love, Atikah.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment